Dr. Johnson began his practice at KOC in 1996 after an outstanding educational background that includes being valedictorian at Southeast Missouri State University. He earned his medical degree from Northwestern where he was granted membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He did his internship and residency at Vanderbilt before completing a fellowship in spinal disorders at Emory.
Dr. Johnson is a member of the North American Spine Society and the Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Society.
He enjoys the challenge of treating difficult spinal problems. Away from the office, Dr. Johnson enjoys cycling, running and canoeing. At home, he is often found in the kitchen practicing his impressive cooking skills.
- Spinal Disorders and Spinal Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Society
- North American Spine Society
- B.S., Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, 1985
- M.D., Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, 1989
- General Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, 1990
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, 1994
- Spinal Disorders, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia, 1995