After earning a B.S. degree in zoology from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, Dr. Robert Smith completed his medical degree at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis. He then did both an internship and residency in orthopaedic surgery at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Smith also completed a fellowship in sports medicine at the Hughston Sports Medicine Foundation in Columbus, Georgia.
As a sports medicine specialist, Dr. Smith particularly enjoys seeing his patients get back to their active lifestyle after an injury. His special interests within his field include shoulder and knee surgery.
Dr. Smith and his wife Kathy are the parents of four very active boys: Jackson, Wyatt, Easton and Ty. In his leisure time, Dr. Smith enjoys basketball, camping and playing sports with his boys. He is also active in his church where he teaches Sunday school.
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder and Knee Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- B.S., Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- M.D., University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota
- Sports Medicine, Hughston Sports Medicine Foundation