As the son of an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Luke Madigan felt a strong calling toward medicine from an early age. After graduating with a B.S. in biology from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, he earned his medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Madigan remained in Philadelphia for his internship and residency in orthopaedic surgery. He then completed a fellowship in spine surgery at OrthoCarolina Spine Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Fascinated by the complexities of the spinal cord and inspired by the motivation and enthusiasm of his chief mentor at a busy spinal cord injury center, Dr. Madigan is pleased to serve at KOC as a spine specialist. He particularly enjoys seeing his patients return to their favorite activities and enjoy life again. His special interests within his field include cervical myelopathy, spinal cord injury and degenerative conditions of the cervical and lumbar spines.
Dr. Madigan is married and has one son. In his leisure time he enjoys running, working out, home improvement projects and spending time with his family.
- Spine Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- B.S., Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- General Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Spine Surgery, OrthoCarolina