Dr. Chris Klenck is a native of Evansville, Indiana. Prior to becoming a physician, Dr. Klenck earned his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. After practicing pharmacy for two years, he went on to earn his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. Staying in Indianapolis, Dr. Klenck completed an internship and residency in internal medicine/pediatrics at Indiana University Medical Center where he served as Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Chief Resident and received the Outstanding Medicine – Pediatrics Resident Award. He then completed his formal medical education with a fellowship in primary care sports medicine, also at Indiana University Medical Center.
With a particular passion for working with active individuals and athletes, Dr. Klenck enjoys helping his patients recover from an injury or illness and successfully return to their sport or activity. As an adult and pediatric sports medicine specialist, his special interests within his field include exercise-induced asthma and pre-participation screening of athletes.
Dr. Klenck and his wife Laura have three children: Jacob, Ben, and Ella. In his leisure time, Dr. Klenck enjoys spending time with his family, watching and playing sports, traveling, and being outdoors.
- Adult and Pediatric Sports Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 2005
- American Board of Pediatrics, 2006
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Pharm D., Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 1995
- M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, 2001
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, 2002-2005
- Primary Care Sports Medicine, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, 2006