Dr. Russell Betcher began his practice with Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic in 1998 after completing his fellowship in sports medicine with KOC the previous year. Dr. Betcher specializes in sports medicine, focusing on arthroscopy of the shoulder, knee, hip and elbow. He is a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. He is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Betcher is very involved with the local sports community. He is an orthopaedic consultant to the University of Tennessee Athletics Department and the Tennessee Smokies.
In his spare time, Dr. Betcher enjoys snow skiing and wakeboarding.
- Sports Medicine and Athletic Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sport Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- B.S., Mississippi State University, 1988
- M.D., University of Mississippi School of Medicine, 1992
- Surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 1993
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 1997
- Sports Medicine, Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic, 1998