Dr. Becker began his practice at KOC in 2000. He is a native of Knoxville and a graduate of Farragut High School, where he now serves as Team Physician. He graduated from the University of Tennessee with honors in biomechanical engineering. Dr. Becker previously anchored the KOC Jefferson City office, but now sees patients mainly at the Fort Sanders West office. While in Jefferson City, he served as orthopaedic consultant to the Carson Newman College Athletic Department and currently serves as orthopaedic consultant to the Tennessee Smokies baseball team.
Dr. Becker specializes in all forms of shoulder and knee surgery ranging from arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and arthroscopic ACL reconstruction to total knee replacement. To date, he has performed over 1000 rotator cuff repairs and ACL reconstructions.
A member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Dr. Becker is also board certified in sports medicine.
Stephanie, Dr. Becker’s wife, is an internal medicine physician at Parkwest. They have five children. He enjoys spending time with his family, coaching AYSO soccer and CBFO football, and serving as a youth leader for his church. His hobbies include boating, traveling and snow skiing.
- Sports Medicine and Athletic Injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Subspecialty Sports Medicine
- UT College of Medicine Alumni Achievement Award in Research
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- B.E., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1990
- M.D., University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, 1994
- General Surgery, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga, 1995
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga Unit – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1999
- Sports Medicine, Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic, 2000