Dr. Andrew Holt is a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon who specializes in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of injuries to the shoulder, hip, and knee. He enjoys treating patients of all ages and believes in a personalized treatment approach to restore activity. His particular clinical interests include ACL tears, meniscus injuries, rotator cuff tears, and hip arthroscopy.
A Knoxville native, Dr. Holt graduated from the University of Tennessee with a degree in biochemistry. He attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX, where he graduated with a special certificate in space medicine. He went on to complete a five year orthopaedic surgery residency at the Campbell Clinic in Memphis, TN. His training concluded with a one year sports medicine fellowship at the Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center in Jackson, MS, where he focused on minimally-invasive arthroscopic surgery.
In his time away from work, Dr. Holt is an avid sports fan who enjoys golfing, hiking, and spending time with his family. He and his wife, Hilarie, have a young son and are active in their church and community.
- Knee ligament injuries & arthroscopy
- Hip arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- B.S., University of Tennessee
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee – Campbell Clinic
- Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy, Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center